MAY 5 - TEACHER SHARE WEBINAR 3: Creative and Motivating ONLINE Events for Our Piano Students
Elizabeth shared an online event she did with students that was a win-win. We heard great ideas from others as well! Enjoy! And please add a comment below if you'd like to share a successful ONLINE event you did with your students. We'd LOVE to know!
VIDEO TIME STAMPS and LINKS mentioned in the video above:
12:15 - I describe the idea I had and how it came about.
16:27 - How I explained my idea to the students' mothers.
17:12 - See further below for the email I sent out to the 3 mothers for the Piano Play Date. 👇🏼
26:46 - The webinar about building a strong rounded hand position with little ones is here: https://pianoteacheracademy.teachable.com/courses/webinarworkshops/lectures/15743567
31:36 - Here is the link to sign up for a FREE 14-day trial with Demio, my webinar platform: https://demio.com/?fp_ref=egpiano.
CLICK THIS LINK to read my explanation about Demio's features and learn of all the details about obtaining the educator discount. The discount EXPIRES on MAY 31, 2020, but it's a FOREVER discount!
42:00 - How I've trained my intermediate to advanced students to prepare a CLEAN performance for our online lessons.
44:55 - Other teachers piped in with ideas for creative and motivating online events.
1:06:10 - My fabulous video editor can assist you in creating a compilation of all your students' video performances into one "recital" video. He's so wonderful to work with and offers a 50% discount to educators. His name is John Reed and you can contact him at: [email protected]
1:08:10 - GO HERE to see Glenda Austin's Guest Composer webinar. We had a great time!
1:08:30 - Hear about the 2020 Piano Camp for Piano Teachers virtual conference here!
EMAIL for the PIANO PLAY DATE:
We will meet this FRI at 4:30PM for a Piano Play Date!
1. Please have the kids each prepare 3 pieces of their choice to play for each other. If the piece has an app background accompaniment, I would love for you to provide that on a different device if possible.
2. Please have your child introduce your family pet at the play date — if there is no family pet, then introduce the child’s favorite stuffed animal.
3. If your child has a piece of artwork or craftwork (a drawing or coloring page) that he/she has completed recently. I would LOVE for him/her to show it to the group.
4. Dress appropriately. Not recital dress, but school or play clothes are fine. No pajamas.
5. Each child will introduce himself/herself. Be ready to state name, age, school grade, and favorite color.
This should be fun! I’m looking forward to it. Email me with any questions! 😊